Friday, May 15, 2009

In Defence Of The Creatives - And How To Mix With Them

Here's a post I never thought I'd write.

It's just to say, with all that's been going on lately, I think it's important to remember that creatives are people too.

One drop of rain on the window pain doesn't mean to say there's a train coming, as the song says.

And these creatives, not that I'm one you know, good God I wouldn't want you to think that, well by and large they're okay. You have to make some allowances when dealing with them, talking a bit more slowly, using flashier words than you would with normal people, that sort of thing.

I've also found that it can help if you get a bunch of stick on tattoos before you mix with a herd of them. They help you to blend in and can speed up the whole acceptance process.

A T shirt with the name of a classic but edgy rock band can be useful too. Maybe The Who or Led Zep, or try something more cutting edge but make sure you get that right. Go for a slightly underground but about to be big in England band and you'll be doing well.

But, in all seriousness, whatever's been going on in the Lankanosphere is NOT, in my opinion at least, any reflection on some of the good guys in the ad and creative industry that I've got to know and like.

There. I've said it.

Probably my most embarrassing post and the only one I'll have to delete in a few days time.

5 comments:

The Single Couple said...

"But, in all seriousness, whatever's been going on in the Lankanosphere is NOT, in my opinion at least, any reflection on some of the good guys in the ad and creative industry that I've got to know and like" - AGREED

Serendib_Isle said...

Heh he, RD; acceptance and deletion is the name of the game these days! LOL.

JP said...

may be it is the mad cow diesese or may be it is Swine flu.......

Anonymous said...

why is the window hurt ??

Why does the train come when the window is hurt ?

Are they friends ?

Or does the train come to watch the window suffer ??

Why so many questions ??

A Virile Nagalingam said...

i'm skirting your references so here's a link a creative like yourself would appreciate (I believe he 'coined' the term):

http://correspondents.theatlantic.com/richard_florida/2009/05/why_class_still_matters.php