Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beauty Of Sri Lanka

















My friend C says to me that one of the wonderful things about Serendib is that fact that you don't need to have money to enjoy its beauty and splendour.

This exemplifies it.

Over the wall at the Fortress in Koggala I saw this almost dusk scene. Local people enjoying the same warmth, the same sea and the same beach as the tourists were. There were romancing couples, fishermen and kids playing. I could have watched it for hours.

One side of the dividing wall was relatively expensive, the other was free.

Both were beautiful, both were Sri Lanka.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, lovely :)

ViceUnVersa said...

There was a 'kopi kade' on the other side of the road that served marvelous coffee laced liberally with hash oil. Still in operation?
GDMRD :)

ViceUnVersa said...

PS: It must be annoying, just saw another post alarmingly similar but no way as engaging!

Kirigalpoththa said...

Nice post!

'...you don't need to have money to enjoy its beauty and splendour...'

Couldn't have agreed more

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Gypsy - Why thank you.

DD - I don't know, you wouldn't catch me in these cheap places!!

Kirigalpoththa - Thank you, it's such a true statement about Sri Lanka isn't it.

Anon - How would it work if I gave you my answer in a post? It's a very interesting question you raise.

Anonymous said...

Anon - How would it work if I gave you my answer in a post? It's a very interesting question you raise.

Yes, please.