Friday, May 12, 2006

Muse - Supermassive black hole

I just heard the new single by Muse - Supermassive black hole.

I can't say too much about it other than it totally blew me away.

I have been a Muse devotee for ablut 6 or 7 years. They are everything that Radiohead could have been if they hadn't gone too poncey for my liking. But this song has captivated me in just one listen.

Funky drumming, driving bass and thrashing guitar work. It is a little slice of genius. I can't wait for the new album.

2 comments:

Arun said...

watch your tongue, dude..

Radiohead? poncey? I think not

Muse are alright, but no way have they reached anything near the complexity and downright awesomeness that is Radiohead. Thom Yorke & Co don't sound like anything else out there, Muse, on the other hand, I find to be fairly disposable..

The 'Time is Running Out' video is cool though, if only for the Dr. Strangelove reference...

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Arun - fair enough mate. You are not alone in your thoughts about Radiohead. I just prefer their more kicking and rocky stuff prioir to OK Computer. I was discussing this with my brother the other day. He loves OK Computer but I just don't get it, although I like Paranoid Android and Karma Police.